UV-tinted windows are the perfect solution to block the harmful rays of the sun without losing your view.
UV-tinted windows increase the energy efficiency of your home or office and protect your carpets and furniture, saving them from sun damage. Any one of our window treatment pros—Vin, LuAnn or Kim—can help you decide which UV window film is right for you.
What exactly is UV light?
Sunlight, or solar radiation, has three components: visible light, ultraviolet rays, and infrared rays. The human eye can pick up on visible light, but it can’t detect ultraviolet rays and infrared rays. However, these rays can still be felt by the skin in the form of heat. Windows without a UV tint will let in all three components, but UV-tinted windows only allow visible light to penetrate the glass.
There are a variety of UV filters and films on the market. Here are some of the most popular:
By rejecting up to 79% of solar energy, these keep the room comfortable and reduce glare.
Specifically designed to hold shards of glass in place if the window breaks, these films offer maximum protection and are perfect for families with young children.
These films have artwork and added texture for design and privacy purposes, which is great for both homes and offices.
Instead of going on the interior of the window, these films are attached to the exterior of the glass.
These films are easy to clean, remove, and replace, so they provide a barrier between vandals and the glass.
- Protect people from exposure to ultraviolet rays
- Improve comfort in residential and office settings
- Decrease utility bills by providing energy savings
- Increase the lifespan of windows by protecting the glass
- Decrease glare and make it easier to see at home or work
- Increase privacy by making it more difficult to look inside
- Reduce fading of interior paint and furniture
- Improve aesthetics and increasing the value of the property
- Easy to clean with regular glass cleaner and non-abrasive supplies
- Improve the productivity of staff in a business environment
- Provide safety if glass breaks since the adhesive can catch shards
- Protect businesses from vandalism and graffiti