On our show today we have Rachel Laxer! Rachel runs a pretty big firm that is based out of London and New York City. She is a member of the British Institute of Design, and ASID here in the states. She graduated from Washington State with a BA in Political Science and History and from NYU with an MBA in Finance and International Business! She has been featured in Ireland’s Home, Interiors and Living magazine, participated in the Holiday House in New York City, Westchester House in New York and Design on a Dime. Rachel came to interior design in a rather unusual way. She is going to tell that story on the show today!
- How did Rachel begin working with Kelly Hoppen?
- How does she predict trends?
- How does she use her degrees in interior design?
- What is the key to mixing periods of time?
- What are the challenges having an interior design business in two “homes”?
- Use the people you know will do a good job!