Welcome to a solo show with a big purpose! I’m dedicating this episode as a bona fide, unsolicited shout-out to Rachel Moriarty of Design + Style. I mention her often on the show because she is always impressive, but she just now hit the one-year anniversary of going Facebook Live to her consumer community EVERY DAY FOR ONE YEAR. To show my significant high five to Rachel for her accomplishment, let’s talk about some of the inspiration she has spread around in the design community.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why Facebook Live?
- Use it to make connections, grow your business, and help people
- How Rachel’s interior design tips and advice have helped her fellow designers
- Since her “challenge” began, she and Dixie Willard have started the Design + Style podcast, using audio AND video to stay on the cutting edge of delivering content
- How Rachel’s success is impacting me to take advantage of Facebook Live and why I’ve been so hesitant to do it because of the work, commitment, and consistency required to DO IT RIGHT
- Why Rachel and Dixie are soon launching another podcast
- Other Facebook groups that are valuable to designers:
- What They Don’t Teach You in Design School, with Veronica Solomon
- Interior Design Business Strategies, with Claire Jefford
- The myth (and the fear) is that you shouldn’t share “your secrets” with your competitors, but here are the facts:
- Your brand is WHO YOU ARE
- Don’t be afraid to share your systems
- No one will connect with your consumers like you do
- In honour of Rachel’s accomplishment and what she’s created, it’s the perfect time to launch my Facebook Coaching podcasts, so stay tuned for more inspiration in design!