Marlaina Teich has been in business for ten plus years with her business Marlaina Teich Designs. She did not start out in interior design. She started out in fashion and then had a family, and while she was home taking care of family she decided to go back to school for interior design. It turns out going to school and starting her own business in interior design was a great choice. Marlaina has some great advice on how to avoid the blurry lines between an interior designer and client(s).
Marlaina shares with us:
- Success of client = relationship with client
- The top signs that your client is crossing the line
- How to draw the line
- Interior designer therapy
- How to deal with the “elephant” in the room
- Don’t get taken advantage of
- Know your worth!
- Learn to delegate
- How to keep up with time with clients
- Limit alcohol