Today’s show is taken from LuAnn’s presentation that she gave at the I.W.C.E.
LuAnn starts her presentation by explaining the mix that goes into creating a really successful business. She points out that you are actually your own magic pill and that you really do have the ability, when it comes down to making decisions. All that you need is to have confidence in yourself and to know that you have a good business and that you’re a good business leader. Then, you have to identify the obstacles and make a plan, rather than running away from them. The really important part though, is to make the decision, as confidence and a plan are nothing without a decision. So, every day, as a business person, you have to choose to go out and do what is necessary. Listen in now, to LuAnn’s really valuable presentation.
LuAnn explains that Window Works was initially a franchise which started in the early 70’s and went until the early 90’s and that she and her two partners owned three of them. From year one and for the next ten years, two of their three franchises were number one and number two in highest gross sales, every year! Today, LuAnn talks about the things that she has found when looking back, that have really contributed to their great success. Number one being Leadership, number two- Systems and number three- Excellence. Listen in, to find out how to use these three ingredients to really attain the kind of success that you would love for your business.
Today, LuAnn talks about:
- Her A Well designed Business Podcast and what it’s all about.
- What goes into creating and being a terrific leader- 1) Establishing your company’s mission. 2) Establishing your company’s core values and 3) Establishing accountability.
- What you will gain from having a really well thought out Company Mission.
- Why you need to make your Company’s Core Values, which are non-negotiable, really clear to both yourself and to your employees.
- Why it’s really so important to establish accountability in your business.
- The book, The E-Myth by Michael Gerber and why the three business roles that it refers to are so important to understand.
- Working on your business as well as working in your business.
- That Systems is the number one thing that contributes to the success of your business.
- The reason for the Red Pen System that they use at the Window Works office.
- Why systems really do make your life (and your business) so much easier.
- The real importance of impeccable customer service– and that often means that you have to let go of being right!
- That it’s sometimes hard to keep to your business systems and decisions, but it’s really worth it!
Book: The E-Myth by Michael E. Gerber – An amazing book for small business owners.