Something must be in the air, I keep running into fourth generation business owners! Last week Scott Kravet was here for our 100th episode and he told us about the history of the Kravet family. He is part of the fourth generation of the Kravets to work and run Kravet Inc.
Today we have Jake Baer on the show with me and he is the twenty-eight-year-old CEO of Newel. Newel is the home of the largest decorative art collection and furniture in the US. Newel has been known for many years for its prop rental business since the 1930s. Jake was named the CEO of Newel in 2015 and he has really spearheaded change with a brand-new gallery in Manhattan. He has recently moved their collection to a massive warehouse in Long Island City in Long Island. We are going to talk about how he is moving Newel into a new age.
- What was it like for Jake growing up in a family business?
- Who did he work with to learn the business?
- What sort of challenges has Jake faced being a young CEO?
- Are his siblings involved in the business: Newel?
- What is he doing for newer/younger interior designers?
- How can you get in on the dinners that Jake holds for interior designers?
- How does his business help people who live the apartment life?
- Can furniture be shipped out all over the US?
- What kind of antique furniture does Newel have to offer?
Newel 1st Dibs site:
306 East 61st Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10065
32-00 Skillman Ave, 1st floor , Long Island City, NY 11101