Glen Peloso will be joining me today on A Well-Designed Business. Glen is one half of the Glen and Jamie of the Peloso Alexander Interiors. Each Glen and Jamie are successful interior designers some twenty plus years each and in 2013 these two respected designers came together to co-found Peloso Alexander Interiors in Toronto.
Following their merger, they launched their brand “Glen and Jamie Designer Collection” which is an upholstery line that is now available in stores nationwide. They have both appeared in both print and television in North America and internationally, HGTV and Food Network. They are regulars as design experts for the Merrel and Dennis Show, Global Morning Show, Breakfast Television Toronto and CHCH Morning.
They are also regular design columnists for national papers like the Toronto Star and are national contributors to a variety of national and international magazines. Glen and Jamie serve as design directors at Toronto’s largest attended festival, Buscar Fest. They were recently honored by being appointed ambassadors to the peer project, a non-profit organization that assist youth mentored by youth. They maintain two boutique locations and somehow, they run a full time interior design firm with a staff of ten!
- How did Glen and Jamie come to want to found a business together?
- What are some skill sets that Glen has that compliment Peloso Alexander Interiors that are different from Jamie’s skill sets?
- How did the two stores come to be?
- What is the difference in the two stores?
- What is the idea for “the basement”?
- How did the media part of the business get started?
- When did Glen have his start in television?
- What advice does Glen give to people who want to be on television and be famous?
- What are the design tours that Glen Jamie do together?
- How can someone join a tour that is being held by Glen and Jamie?
- How do you most effectively use the resources given to you?