Today on the show I am happy to welcome Charrisse Johnston, chair of ASID National! She is also the principal and the firm-wide practice leader of Steinberg Architects. Steinberg Architects has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose and Shanghai. Charrisse was previously the senior associate and studio operations leader at Gensler where she managed and designed K-12, higher education, and workplace projects.
Before that, she was Vice President of corporate planning for Morgan Stanley Dean Witter where she oversaw the companies consolidated financial and strategic planning efforts. Today we talk about all kinds of things including her career path which also includes both behavioral psychology and a successful wedding planning business. We will also talk about how she was introduced to ASID as a student in California. Charrisse is smart, down to earth and an inspiring leader.
- Would Charrisse say that entrepreneurs have a better start out with a financial background?
- What is Charrisse’s niche in Steinberg Architects?
- How old is the Steinberg Architects business?
- How does design work for an “after the fact” work?
- Has Steinberg started a trend for architectural firms to start offering architectural design as well interior design?
- What is evidence-based design?
- Where can you find more information on evidence-based designs?
- Why did the position names change?
- How successful was Charrisse’s student chapter when she was president?
- How did she gain her position as chair of ASID national?
- What are some programs and benefits that ASID National has to offer for new designers and for seasoned designers?
- How is ASID National using health and wellness in design?
- How is ASID helping designers with designs for people who have to leave their home and move to an assisted living home?
- What new events are coming out in 2017 at ASID National?
- What are some government issues that ASID is trying to work on?