Hi Welcome to another episode of A Well-Designed Business. On the show today I have Brook Devenport. Brook is the owner of Blinds & More located in Minnesota. We are going to hear Brook’s personal story and how she took a business that practically started by accident and after nearly 6 years she transformed it into a well run, profitable business with 7 team members who together do both custom window treatments and interior design in Southern Minnesoata and Northern Iowa.
- The business didn’t magically grow into a high earning business.
- It took a lot of planning and tool-using
- Initial sales targeting was $60,000 in yearly sales.
- On the second year annual sales was $178,000.
- Current sales run to $650,000 annually
- Sales goal was but sales was
- Things they did differently to achieve the sales goal
- Her husband’s role in the success of her business
- Tracking appointments and tracking dealer’s performance
- All the tools they installed to track and monitor the business
- Their “ahah” moment
- Color coding the hard files
- The Tony Robbins effect on their business
- Being intentional. What it means
- When they decided to run a business, to work on her business, not simply in her business.
- The role of advertising on her success
- If you know how to sell, you can sell almost anything. – Luann
- Take responsibility for setting your goals for monitoring your expenses, for analyzing every project for net cost and net profits.
- Manage your business with your eyes wide open.
Edie Berg- The Strong Women’s Club:
Natalie Eckdahl- Biz Chix