Ashlina Kaposta is the design blogger behind The Decorista, a household name in the world of interior design blogging. Ashlina works around-the-clock hours as an interior designer, site technician and writer, and she attends design conferences as either a speaker or a member of the audience. She has recently launched a new self-adhesive wallpaper line with graphic stripes, animal prints, and other fun designs! Here she is on our podcast discussing her inspired designs, motivated moves, energized creations, and life-changing choices and decisions.
- How Ashlina started her career
- Why she created the blog Decorista
- Her tips for building a successful business
- Importance of taking courses to enhance business skills
- Why enhancing speaking and writing skills is necessary
- The role of her blog in her success
- Attending industry events is very helpful
- Attending shows and visiting showrooms had a role in her success
- Continue learning everything you can about the industry and the people in it.
- The importance of publicity and exposure
- Building a successful brand
- Invest in your own stylized photography of your own work
- Be intentional – what it means
- Tips on creating a vision board of your ideal project, the type of project you want to attract and be paid to execute.
- Tips for dreams, goals, and planning